These Vegan Truffles Are a Fantastic Snack And A Great Source Of Protein!
3 Scoops of The Foodstate Compnay's Organic Pea Protein
10g Ground Oats
25g Chopped Dates
2 tbsp Honey
1tbsp Coconut Flour
60ml Almond Milk
4 tbsp Coconut Oil
50g Dark Chocolate (non Dairy)
- Mix the Pea Protein, Ground Oats, Dates, Honey, Coconut Flour & Almond Milk
- Once mixed mold mixture into balls of appropriate size (should make roughly 8 balls)
- Put Coconut Oil and Dark Chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat until fully melted
- Once the mixture has melted let it cool for 5-10 minutes until it thickens a bit
- Dip each ball in the chocolate mixture so each one is fully covered
- Put in freezer until the chocolate has hardened
Also Try Dipping The Truffles In Toasted Coconut Flakes
- It is the richest plant-based protein available and is wonderfully good for you.
- It is suitable for everyone including athletes, vegans and vegetarians and those wishing to diet. You can even bake with it!
- It is: Hypoallergenic
- High in BCAAs (Branched chained amino acids)
- Easily digested
- The richest plant-based Protein
- Easily mixed in Water
- Able to help you stay full for longer
- Low in carbohydrates
- 100% Vegan
- Oats are nutritious, and are a good source carbs and fiber, including the powerful fiber beta-glucan (1,2 &3), and contain more protein and fat than most grains.
- Whole oats are high in antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds called polyphenols. Most notable is a unique group of antioxidants called avenanthramides, which are almost solely found in oats.
- Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
- They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect LDL Cholesterol From Damage
- Oats may help lower blood sugar levels, especially in people who are overweight or have type 2 diabetes, due to beta-glucan's ability to form a thick gel that delays emptying of the stomach and absorption of glucose into the blood
- It is filling so may help with weight loss and help you to stay full for longer
- They May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Asthma
Although they are not as healthy as some other foods, dates do have a number of health benefits:
- Dates contain fiber which is essential for promoting colon health and making for regular bowel movements
- In addition to promoting colon health, fiber is also known to boost heart health
- Dates are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits
- Magnesium has been shown to help lower blood pressure – and again, dates are full of the mineral
- After evaluating 7 studies published over a 14 year time period, researchers found stroke risk was reduced by 9% for every every 100 milligrams of magnesium a person consumes per day
- They contain Vitamin B6 which according to some studies, such as one found in JAMA Internal Medicine, sufficient vitamin B6 levels are associated with improved brain performance and better test scores.
Coconut Oil (and Flour):
- To date, there are over 1,500 studies proving coconut oil to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
- Research has finally uncovered the secrets to this amazing superfood: namely healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). These unique fats include: Caprylic Acid - Lauric Acid - Capric Acid
- Around 62 percent of the oils in coconut are made up of these three healthy fatty acids, and 91 percent of the fat in coconut oil is healthy saturated fat.
- Most of the fats we consume take longer to digest, but MCFAs found in coconut oil provide the perfect source of energy because they only have to go through a three-step process to be turned into fuel vs. other fats that have to go through a 26-step process!
- Proven Alzheimer’s Disease Natural Treatment
- Prevents Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
- Treats UTI and Kidney Infection and Protects the Liver
- Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis
- Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Immune System Boost (Antibacterial, Antifungal and Antiviral)
- Improves Memory and Brain Function
- Improves Energy and Endurance
- Improves Digestion and Reduces Stomach Ulcers and Ulcerative Colitis
- Improves Skin Issues (Burns, Eczema, Dandruff, Dermatitis and Psoriasis)
- Prevents Gum Disease and Tooth Decay
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Improves Type II Diabetes
- Because of the energy-creating abilities of coconut oil and the fact it’s a no-carb oil, it is no wonder that it is beneficial in losing weight. It helps burn fat and calories, decrease appetite, and in studies it was especially helpful in losing belly fat
- Building Muscle and Losing Body Fat
- Coconut Oil for Hormone Balance
- Protection from Disease-Causing Free Radicals
- Potential Cancer Prevention
- They contains Flavanols, which have a very positive effect on heart health by helping lower blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart as well as the brain
- Good for Overall Cholesterol Profile
- Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Aid
- Full of Antioxidants
- Most Dark Chocolates are Vegan so perfect for recipes such as these Protein Truffles!