Recently I positioned myself opposite the tills at an express supermarket at lunchtime I was genuinely shocked at the appalling food choices people were making. Despite an impressive selection of healthy options, the amount of sugar-based foods and drinks being purchased was staggering. Weight issues and unhealthy skin were apparent amongst many consumers.
Why is refined sugar so bad for us? Refined sugar can genuinely be considered a poison and best avoided. Here is a brief list of the consequences of over-consumption:
- In tests, rats that had sugar removed from their diets lived twice as long
- It increases the risk of heart disease
- It suppresses the immunity and increases the risk of breast and colon cancer
- It disrupts the digestion and is a likely contributor to Crohn’s and Ulcerative colitis
- It is likely to increase ADHT, autism, depression, drowsiness and affects spatial awareness
- It causes a temporary rise in blood sugar and can lead to Diabetes
- It increases undesirable LDL cholesterol
- It causes obesity and increases the accumulation of visceral fat
- It causes the excretion of many vitamins and minerals
- It causes tooth decay and accelerates wrinkly skin
However, if you or your children have a sweet tooth and want to do something to help balance your body’s blood sugar, then the mineral GTF Chromium helps to do that. GTF stands for Glucose Tolerance Factor.
GTF Chromium Product Benefits:
- GTF Chromium helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels
- It contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- Chromium helps to metabolise carbohydrates, fats and protein as it enhances the action of insulin, the body’s fat storage hormone
Why Foodstate Chromium? Our GTF Chromium is better absorbed and longer retained than isolated chromium normally found in supplements. Ours is made from a species of broccoli that has been hydroponically grown in a chromium rich environment. As such it is a wholefood form of the mineral with high bio-availability.