What a great time to look at lifestyle changes, in particular, how we exercise. It’s fantastic to see so many people out walking, running and cycling, and thankfully most people seem to be respecting distancing rules. But are you suffering from any of the following?
As important as exercise is, it’s inevitable we will burn more nutrition when training, which can lead to one or more of the above. Proper nutrition is fundamental to fitness and avoiding injury
To support our training there are 3 important considerations:
Energy: Nutrients that provide us with energy:
Understanding carbs, calories, proteins and simple sugars: Food intake based solely upon carb or animal protein loading doesn’t provide proper nutrition for energy. Our digestive process favours fruit and vegetables, and although animal proteins are important to energy production, reliance upon meat protein can lead to a build-up of acid by-products that reduce the ability of cells to produce energy
Simple sugars and energy: Refined, processed, overcooked and tinned foods are best avoided. Fizzy drinks used as an energy supply have a high content of processed sugars which are associated both with a reduction in sustained energy production and the experience of hypotension. Consuming natural foods produces higher energy levels and reduces fatigue. Refined sugars also cause excretion of nutrients from the body, especially magnesium, one of the energy-yielding minerals
Protecting and strengthening Muscles and Joints:
- Joint & bone formula: The muscles require adequate nutrients for over 35 differing activates. The joints are connected by ligaments and these also have special nutrient requirements. This formula has been created from 5 vitamins that are involved with muscle function which help with repair and reduce muscle damage and 7 minerals required for proper muscle activity. The minerals in this formula synergistically function with the vitamins, which can only occur with food nutrients, to create the ultimate joint & bone multi-nutrient
- Magnesium: Endurance exercise causes the depletion of magnesium, so supplemental magnesium is advised. It alleviates muscle cramps and supports strong bones and teeth
- Glucosamine is known to many people to be of help with alleviating painful joints and help the healing process of uncomfortable inflammation. Our natural production of Glucosamine reduces from the age of 40
- Organic Pea Protein: The richest form of vegetable protein and an excellent muscle feed. It is hypoallergenic, vegan, gluten free and high in branched chain amino acid that help build muscles and decrease belly fat. Consuming it activates the release of hormones that make you feel full for longer, reducing snacking habits
Cleansing the GUT of energy depleting waste materials
In brief, cleansing the gut is essential to the proper absorption and utilisation of nutrients. The role of friendly bacteria is to enhance the health of the digestive process and to facilitate the production of additional nutrients that help support the immune system
- E505 Probiotic: Consists of nine strains of friendly probiotic bacteria and 1 strain of Pre-biotic that are known to help the good health of our digestive system and scientifically proven to be active in the gut. These friendly bacteria contribute to the immune system function within the gut.
- Caprylic Acid: This formula provides a mix of anti-microbial and anti-fungal agents designed to help promote digestive health. It is a natural dietary fatty acid and also comprises garlic powder, oregano, grapefruit seed extract and green tea extract. The role of this product, other than removing candida from the gut, is to promote colon health by gently cleansing the gut