We can genuinely regard Kelp as a super-food. Our Organic Kelp is made from 3 species of bladderwrack and is naturally “nutrient rich”, in fact it contains 40 health-supporting minerals!
Thyroid: Kelp is rich in Iodine which helps with the production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function. Iodine also supports cognitive function and proper function of the nervous system
Iodine helps with people suffering from an underactive thyroid. Although this condition affects women more than men, in recent times, statistics show an increase in men suffering from an underactive thyroid, in particular older men.
12.5% of ladies aged 35 – 60 have the condition, and 15% - 20% of ladies over 60 have it
How can our Foodstate Organic Kelp help?
Our Organic Kelp is high in iodine which helps regulate the Thyroid:
- Iodine helps with the production of thyroid hormones and healthy thyroid function
- It contributes to healthy skin
- Iodine assists with the proper function of the nervous system
- It helps with normal cognitive function
- It contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
The minerals Zinc, Selenium and Magnesium are also all known to support the function of the thyroid gland