Recent figures in the UK have confirmed that Prostate Cancer has now overtaken Breast cancer as the UK’s number 1 cause of death through cancer
Prostate cancer is the most commonly occurring Cancer in men and affects one in 9 men between the ages of 60 and 79.
Avoid bad fats:
Prostate cancer is most common in men who eat diets high in saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and hydrogenated fats. It is also very common in men who eat a high-calcium diet
Our Foodstate Prostate Formula is a combination of food Minerals, Vitamins and Antioxidants to support a healthier prostate. Being in food form, they are much better absorbed, used and retained by the body compared to ordinary supplements
Foods that support the Prostate (Organic where possible):
- Whole/ brown rice, Soybeans, Green Tea, Organically grown tomatoes (due to its Lycopene content), Seeds, including sesame, sunflower, pumpkin and ground flax
- Beetroot, Garlic, Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli, Flat-leaf parsley and Watercress, all preferably organic and lightly steamed
- Butter beans, Oats, Goats milk yoghurt ,Prunes, Figs and Kiwi fruit
- Try to replace wheat bread with rye, oat, and millet barley or if wheat is occasionally sought then opt for unleavened wheat like wholemeal pitta bread.
- Shiitake and Maitake mushrooms from a reputable grower
- Echinacea, Saw Palmetto, Lemon juice with warm water
- Organic Olive oil and Flax seed oil
Foods that aggrevate the Prostate:
- Cow’s milk in all its forms.
- Dietary fats & animal fats
- Red meat and Pork in all its forms
- Health spreads and margarines
- Refined flour or sugar products
- Anything that contains hydrogenated fats or modified starches
- Orange and grapefruit juice
- Sweeteners and other sugar substitutes
- Cooking methods: Steamed, boiled, poached (in water) or baked only
Zinc and the prostate: The prostate contains more Zinc than any other organ of the male body. Zinc is a trace mineral with many functions of the body and immune system. Many processed foods not only are deficient in Zinc but their consumption reduces the body further of Zinc as the immune system try’s to defend itself.
Selenium and the Prostate: Daily consumption of 200 μg of Selenium is associated with an average reduction in the risk of Prostate Cancer of 63%.
Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps to prevent Prostate cancer