We all read about the poor state of farm soils and the consequences to our health, but there are other factors at play that are worth considering. Here is an interesting quote:
"The alarming fact is that foods, fruits, vegetables and grains, now being grown on millions of acres of land, no longer contain enough of certain minerals. No man of today can eat enough fruits and vegetables to supply his system with the minerals he requires for perfect health because his stomach isn't big enough to hold them"
Why is it interesting? It is a quote from the US Senate in 1936 when global population was only 2 billion. As well as a lack of nutrients in farm soils, we are further affected by aspects of modern living such as:
1. Medications: They often knock minerals out of the body
2. Drugs and alcohol: Magnesium in particular is purged from the body via the kidneys due to drug and alcohol abuse. Diuretics further deplete magnesium as does insulin that diabetics depend on
3. Toxic Metals: These become “free radicals” that are rogue cells that poison the body. Antioxidant nutrients act as natural scavengers of free radicals
4. Pesticides: Pesticides and insecticides further upset the natural pro-biotic, micro-organism and ecological balance in soil
5. Food processing methods: Modern food processing methods strip natural foods further of their nutritional integrity
What do we need on a daily basis? We have created a complete range of foodstate vitamins, minerals and essential fats which are all clearly explained on our website. There are a number of multi-nutrient products that are suitable for anyone wanting an improved immune system, better digestion and healthy joints and bones. Remember:
"You can trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency"
- Two times Nobel Prize Winner Dr.Linus Pauling