Kelp is known to be “nutrient-rich”, in fact our organic Kelp contains over 40 minerals!
Iodine: In particular, it is associated with a high Iodine content which is particularly helpful with people suffering from an underactive thyroid. Although this condition affects women more than men, in recent times statistics show an increase in men suffering from an underactive thyroid, in particular older men.
12.5% of ladies aged 35 – 60 have the condition, and 15% - 20% of ladies over 60 have it
How can foodstate products help?
Our Organic Kelp is high in iodine which helps regulate the Thyroid:
- Iodine helps with normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- It contributes to healthy skin
- Iodine assists with the proper function of the nervous system
- It helps with normal cognitive function
- It contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
The minerals Zinc, Selenium and Magnesium are all known to support the function of the thyroid gland and are recommended with the Organic Kelp to support hormonal balance