Bored of toast and cereal? Hunger pains mid-morning? Did you know that wheat makes you feel 30% hungrier within 2 hours?
Customers keep asking me for a tasty breakfast smoothie using our Organic Pea Protein. Here’s a great recipe for a really healthy start to the day:
Ingredients: Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, hemp), almonds, fresh ginger, selection of berries, banana, apple or pear, pomegranate, passion fruit, natural yoghurt, organic pea protein, agave syrup, ice, water
Using a blender (I use a Nitribullet):
- Blend a heaped teaspoon of seeds and 10 almonds in to a powder
- Add a cube of fresh ginger
- Add berries of choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Add half a ripe banana and half an apple or pear
- A spoonful of pomegranate seeds and the seeds of a passion fruit
- Large spoonful of natural yoghurt
- Large spoonful or organic pea protein
- A squirt of organic agave syrup
- A small cup of water and 2 cubes of ice
Blend, drink and be happy!
Why is it so healthy? The combination of ingredients are packed with healthy antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre, plus the richest form of plant-based protein available
What are the benefits of organic pea protein? In brief, it is 100% hypoallergenic, high in branched chain amino acids, low in carbs, gluten free and the perfect food for healthy muscles. Plus, you won’t feel hungry until lunchtime!